Today’s marketing helps your business reach more people than ever. However, businesses sometimes forget how much customers interact with local campaigns. Learn to take advantage of both traditional and online tools to expand your brand and reach your local audience.
Over the years, successful companies have learned how to take advantage of local searches through SEO. Here are a few tips to improve your site’s performance and its local reach:
- Optimize your Google Business Account: Improving your Google Listing can improve both your rank on Google Maps and help your business gain ground on local Google searches. If you haven’t already, create your My Business Account with Google. Keep this account up-to-date and post regularly.
- Get Glowing Reviews: Be sure to encourage reviews from your customers in-person and online. When engaging with online posts, respond promptly and professionally.
- Create Content Based on Local Events: Writing blog posts responding to new stories or community interests can improve engagement with your business and improve your SEO with local searches. Including local keywords in your site also makes your business more relevant.
- Use Backlinks and Location Pages: Backlinking to quality websites helps your business appear in “snack packs” of localized results. Location-specific pages help locals find your business if you have multiple locations. However, be sure to include custom content on each of your location pages.
- Optimize SEO for Voice Searches: With voice command speakers and software becoming more common, it’s important to make sure your site is formatted to catch these kinds of searches. To help catch more of these, your site should be mobile-friendly and its metadata should account for more conversational words and question phrases (who, what, where, when). You can also create blog posts that specifically answer voice-based queries.
Don’t Neglect Traditional Marketing
Some of the best ways to engage with local customers are as old as time. People respond to content that reflects their personal interests. Traditional marketing offers businesses a way to interact with locals more personally. Old methods like asking for reviews in-person, supporting community events, and even mailing flyers can significantly increase local engagement. In fact, direct mail can give you an incredible 1,300% ROI.
Learn to engage with your local community through community outreach. Community outreach allows your business to interact with the community in a positive way. Here are a few great ways to reach out:
- Get involved with community programs
- Pick a cause for your business to support
- Create a mentor program for interns and new employees
- Partner with local schools and promote student events
Focusing on local marketing allows your business to find more overall engagement. Collaborate with your marketing and outreach team to see how you can optimize your business for local searches. You can also work with localization specialists to help optimize your online presence. Small improvements can provide amazing results!
Need extra help with your SEO? Check out our services!